Thursday 30 November 2017

Jogger foils mugging in NYC park, gets sucker-punched in return


A fearless jogger stopped a mugging in an Inwood park and got knocked out cold for his trouble, cops said.


Kirk Noreen, 47, was jogging alone inside Fort Tryon Park when he spotted a man attacking a woman near Cabrini Place and Washington Ave. just before 10 a.m. Monday.


“She was being assaulted by a young man in the tunnel under the roadway that leads to the Cloisters,” the teacher and real estate agent wrote in the Inwood Community Group Facebook page. “She was crying and begged me to help her. She told me in a panic that she was terrified because he had just hit her in the face with his fist.”


The thief snatched the 29-year-old victim’s cell phone before Noreen came to her defense and demanded the phone be returned.


“I told him that no one assaults women in about as forceful tone as I could muster,” he said.


The attacker dropped the phone to the ground, but then followed Noreen and the woman.


As Noreen told the victim to run, he was sucker punched by the suspect.


“I was knocked over against the low stone barriers just to the west of the tunnel. I came to five to 10 seconds later and started running to catch up to the jogger.”


As the creep left the park, he tried to rob another woman.


“I spent the day in the hospital, but ultimately my injuries only amounted to bruises to my face and lacerations to my mouth and face area requiring stitches,” Noreen wrote.


“I guess it looked a lot worse that it was. I had blood all over my shirt, tights and shoes. I’m fine if a little shaken.”


In all, he needed seven stitches.


The other jogger declined medical treatment at the scene.


Noreen said he plans to meet with a detective investigating the case. Police believe they have video of the suspect from the subway station.

Send a Letter to the Editor

Join the Conversation:
facebook
Tweet



Source link

قالب وردپرس

The post Jogger foils mugging in NYC park, gets sucker-punched in return appeared first on Article Pub.



from WordPress http://ift.tt/2BzYjBp

No comments:

Post a Comment